Turkey is a country of beautiful jewel tone colors, and the blues in particular are especially vivid. From the sparkling Aegean sea to the beautifully patterned tiles at the Topkapi Palace, blue is where it's at. Below are some of the places and spaces we were inspired by on our 10 day trip.
- The view is the perfect reward for a quick half hour hike in the small coastal town of Gümüşlük
- We had a great time exploring the markets and stocked our shop with plenty of handmade Turkish towels!
- A sailboat anchored outside of Bodrum Harbor
- Wandering the side streets of Bodrum and marveling at the massive cacti
- In Turkey, the evil eye is always watching. The motif is made to protect you from people wishing you harm and you can see the blue glass eyes hanging in homes, shops, and even tiled into the sidewalks
- The ancient Greek city of Ephesus
- A royal blue doorway in Bodrum
- Elegant patterned tiles in the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul
- The view from Bodrum Castle
If Turkey isn't on your travel list you should absolutely add it. We had an incredible trip, left with loads of inspiration, and can't wait to go back!